Search This Blog

Friday 13 May 2011

Letter to David Burrowes MP





 In Reply :

Dear Mr Burrowes,

I would like to draw attention to your comments in the house on 9th May 2011 regarding medicinal cannabis; they have left me questioning the morality of yourself and the government.

Firstly, let me briefly correct you on your remarks, please do take the time to read - they point out the inaccuracy of your comments:



This is wholly inconsequential to the issue however.  As someone who has suffered debilitating illness for 21 years, I have had a legacy of prescribed medication that has left me numb, blinded and with paralysis; pharmaceuticals have been ineffective and counterproductive.  I am therefore left with two options, prescribed opiates that will leave my organs ravaged, or cannabis which is exponentially more effective and remarkably non toxic (the words of Dr. Lester Grinspoon; Professor Emeritus of Harvard Medical School).

The state can - and does - differentiate between prescribed opiates and street obtained opiates that cause harm through prohibition.  I wonder why this simple premiss cannot be grasped when discussing cannabis.

Your suggestion that it is more important to criminalise all persons and person’s interests regarding cannabis actions, than to grant clemency to people like myself is crass and demeaning.  This is not how a fair and rational society acts, and indeed this is not how the MoDA1971 is mandated to work in its application.  

Your comments have roused discourse within the disabled and chronically ill - not to mention their families who also suffer.

I look forward to hearing your response to this matter.




(Additional - due to a fault at google Blogger, this posting was removed and all comments lost.  I'm sorry to all those inconvenienced)

11 comments:

  1. I agree with this, there needs to be a law reform regarding cannabis to allow medicinal use of cannabis and industrial use of cannabis for making clothes, paper etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is pretty hard to argue with. The government have no position to adopt this failed and arbitrary policy. It's cruel, evil and downright wrong. I support this letter fully.

    Garry Newton, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jason! Burrowes doesn't know what he's talking about and his opening phrase was quite disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nailed it in one.

    I saw this live and was fuming. I cannot believe we're so behind now, it's embarrassing if nothing else.

    I think shame will force the hand soon. We have some very strange people running the country if they would gladly see people suffer in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about Brokenshire's opening salvo:

    «We do not recognise cannabis in its raw form to have any medicinal purposes»

    I think there are solid grounds for imposing a superinjunction!

    On a more serious note, I totally agree with your letter. I hope you'll have better luck than me: I haven't received an acknowledgement, let alone a reply to the letters and e-mails I've sent — not even from Mrs E Adams

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZRgNY1IT_g

    Gart Valenc
    http://www.stopthewarondrugs.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honorable [sic] Members are not allowed to call each other liars, yet they are allowed to tell porky pies to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nailed it. God I hope he properly replies to this. Although somehow I doubt he will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wondering whether somebody...or something has been toying with my memory for I distinctly remember making a comment on this post — has the matrix been reconfigured and I've been moved to a parallel one?

    Gart Valenc
    http://www.stopthewarondrugs.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gart,

    Blogger went down and many of those who had just blogged lost their posting and all comments along with it. Quite frustrating as there were some good comments on here that I've lost. I should put a note in the posting about it really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought for a moment that I was living in a parallel universe. Since that's not the case, here is my original comment:


    What about Brokenshire's opening salvo:

    «We do not recognise cannabis in its raw form to have any medicinal purposes»

    I think there are solid grounds here for imposing a superinjunction!

    On a more serious note, I totally agree with your letter. I hope you'll have better luck than me: I haven't received acknowledgement, let alone reply to the letters and e-mails I've sent — not even from Mrs E Adams

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZRgNY1IT_g

    Gart Valenc
    http://www.stopthewarondrugs.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. first words were its harmful and has no medicinal use then in his next breath sate vex may be controlled for its medicinal use ,, what a bunch of fking retards

    ReplyDelete